Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jackson 5 "My Cherie Amour"

 Covering famous Motown hits was the thing to boost your singing career. How appropriate in choosing "My Cherie Amour"! By Stevie Wonder.

 The Jackson 5 have inserted a more Teeny-bob feel so I wouldn't say their take is better. But Jermaine sure does a good job(this is right before his voice cracked)! Plus the guitar does add a little different flavor to it.

 But I can barely hear Michael singing though. But I'm sure he's harmonizing somewhere. To hear the original, Click Here.


Lyrics


La la la la la la la la la la la la la
la.
La la la la la la la la la la la la la
la.

My cherie amour lovely as a summer day
My cherie amour distant as the Milky Way
My cherie amour pretty little one that I
adore
You're the only girl my heart leaps for.
How I wish that you were mine.

In a cafe or sometimes on a crowded street
I've been near you but you never notice me
Oh cherie amour won't you tell me how could you
ignore
Back behind this little smile I wore
How I wished that you were mine.

My cherie amour...
My cherie amour...

Maybe some day you'll see my face among the
crowd.
Maybe some day you'll share your little distant
cloud.
Oh cherie amour pretty little one that I
adore
You're the only girl my heart leaps for
How I wish that you were mine.

La la la la la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la la la la
... etc to FADE

Michael Jackson's Father Passes Away at 89!

 On June 27th, 2018 Michael Jackson's dad passed on from a bout of cancer. Although he was very rough with his children and yes abused t...